|3 October 2016||Johannesburg||2 Day(s)||R 8250 (ex. Vat)|
The Environmental Strategy course has been designed to give managers and executives the processes, knowledge and tools required to develop a world class environmental policy and strategy for their organisation.
This highly practical course is a result of ongoing demand from clients and is constructed from Terra Firma Solutions’ own experience developing successful Environmental Policies and Strategies for JSE listed companies over the past few years.
Define a clear process for developing an environmental policy and strategy. Learn important tools required to an environmental policy and strategy.
Benefits of attending the course
- Understand how to help your company build an environmental strategy that gives you a real business edge and integrate environmental strategy into its core business strategy
- Build a company-wide Environmental Policy & Strategy that communicates clearly and in a unified way to your employees, customers and investors
- Identify way to find new ways to increase efficiencies and reduce costs
- Identify and plan for environmental risks and opportunities for the organisation
- Learn important tools that can be used in the Environmental Strategy development process
- Develop a new service for your environmental consultancy and differentiate your business
- Increase the services you can use to add value to your customers
- Differentiate yourself in the job market with this new skill
Who should attend?
- Sustainability Executives and Managers who want to create and integrate an environmental strategy into their company
- All business executives wanting to better understand the importance of environmental strategy for their business and how to action the development of a strategy
- Environmental professionals that would like to offer a new high value service to clients and want to understand the process for Environmental Policy and Strategy development
- Employees wanting to change careers or up-skill and move into this exciting new area
Did you know?
Terra Firma Academy courses are developed by the experts at Terra Firma Solutions.
Terra Firma Solutions is a leading energy engineering solution provider who deliver a start-to-end solution, beginning with strategy development, leading to project implementation, support and maintenance.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY
Louise Dowie, Environmental Scientist at WESSA
I now have a better understanding of the process behind developing an environmental policy & strategy for a corporate company. The course was well worth my time & money and I look forward to putting into practice what I've learnt.
Karlien de Bruin , GraySwan Investments
The Carbon Footprint Analyst course was one of the best courses I have ever attended. The course was really practical and after the course you should be able to apply what was learnt. The lecturer also shared his knowledge and experience that he picked up while working in the field which added extra weight to the course material.
Steve Hearder - Product Development Officer, Eskom
I would just like to thank Terra Firma for a great Measurement and Verification course, this was possibly the best course that I have done.
Lebogang Malatsi - Environmental Reporting Dept, Tiger Brands
Great course which was well presented. Group discussions were insightful and the lecturer knew her subject very well.
Edwin Makushu - Senior Ecopreneur, Food & Trees for Africa
This course should be added as one of the core modules in high institutions' environmental qualifications. I plan to use the skills I learned to calculate and report on Carbon footprints of big industries in South Africa. Seeing that the carbon tax will be phased as from January 2016, every company will need a detailed report of its footprint.
Isabella Daly - Environmental Manager, Canon SA
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The facilitator was very knowledgeable and approachable. I would recommend this course to anybody interested in the subject.
Tony Laugton - EHS / Sustainability Manager, Glaxo Smith Kline
The course objectives were fully met. It was easy to follow, although some of the other students had difficulties with the detail of math, but the facilitator was very helpful and approachable to overcome these difficulties.
Peter Harris - Ex Head of Sustainability, AFGRI
Don’t waste time. Do the course and gain very valuable knowledge about energy efficiency.
Shepherd Nkosi - Energy Manager, Transnet Port Terminals – HQ
I attended the Energy Efficiency Management course through the NBI EELN programme. It was very enjoyable and of perfect duration. The facilitator knew is subject and I would definitely recommend it to others.
Derik Dreyer - Energy Efficiency Champion, Anglo American
Very good introduction to the intermediate calculations in energy management. Very interactive and good tools for managing energy for the future.
Mahomed Banoo, EHS Manager at Cell C
I attended the Environmental Strategy course facilitated by Dave Bonellie, who was very knowledgeable and approachable. The course brings light into the complex development of a comprehensive, realistic and feasible corporate Environmental Strategy. It offers a tool, which can be applied to any strategy development.
Who we have trained